March 10, 2008 by Colin
You can just smell it in the air.
What? Virtually anything, but mostly febreeze and scented candles.
Why? Because the 53 centimetres of snow we got on the weekend have wiped out any trace of naturally occuring scent – decaying leaves, tepid water, roadkill …
“Can Al Gore come clear my driveway?” – Facebook status update
Along with the early arrival of Daylight Savings Time, it feels like we’re turning a page into Spring.
Next up is the fundamental soul searching: just as nature breaks out anew, showering us with crocuses, buds, tiny twittering birds and a plague of rabbits, we begin to question our own existence.
The options on the table, once the last slushy puddle has evaporated:
- have I fooled myself into liking this job?
- have I fooled myself into believing this company has a future?
- will a gradual training program really prepare me for the Terry Fox Run?
- I want to frolick in the flowers. Is my significant other really a frolicker?
- Is the Shamrock Shake the first step in a widening slide towards jammer shorts and oversized tshirts at the beach this summer?
- why don’t I look for a nice quiet job in policy?
- I think I’ll paint the shutters – after the Stanley Cup
- I should shake things up – by taking an earlier bus
- Wow. Interest rates are really low. Maybe I’ll jusy renew my ARM.
- This is the year me and the band pile into the Prius and … Dammit, vans are carbon pigs!
- Time to start training HARD CORE for ultimate!
- in three months, I could be a word of mouth expert!
- I will buy every album recommended by Pitchfork and Gorilla vs.Bear
- Team Lohan returns!
- Harold and Kumar Go To Where?
- I will never leave a meeting without posing a rhetorical question
- Ties are for situations requiring hand shakes
- I will not eat in a food court this summer
- Pink shirts are for real men
- When in doubt, shout it out.