Oh, linkbait, let me count the ways
- Write a post criticising Mac users.
- When making your argument, point to as many other blogs as possible.
- Bury links in your text with offhand references like this and this.
- Start your day off by checking Digg, techmeme, Reddit or Gawker for subjects to blog about. You know, instead of actually adding value.
- Create a list of niche blogs. A list so big that you can’t possibly be monitoring it on a regular basis. Give it a nice graphic.
- Write a gimmick post. Encourage your readers to copy your post (and code) on their blog.
- Two words: Venn diagram.
- Build your entire post out of quotes from four or more bloggers who have already covered the issue.
- Write about using a Moleskine or implementing GTD.
- Show how porn proved useful in an unusual situation.
- Start a blog category of pictures of pets in compromising positions. Give them dialog bubbles in geek code.
- Blog about unusual stuff. Really unusual stuff.
- Use no less than seven Technorati tags.
- Slag Strumpette. Or Scoble.
- Pimp your posts to blogs with higher authority rankings.
- Write a post about linkbaiting.
[tags] linkbait [/tags]